Here we see Wawel Cathedral (Katedra Wawelska) located inside the castle grounds.
A National shrine known for its superb religious art including the giant bell of Zygmunt of 1520, one of the world's largest, and the burial place of many Polish kings and their families, national heroes and numerous bishops.
The Gothic Wawel Castle in Krakow in Poland was built at the behest of Casimir III the Great and consists of a number of structures situated around the central courtyard. In the 14th century it was rebuilt by Jogaila and Jadwiga of Poland. Their reign saw the addition of the tower called the Hen's Foot (Kurza Stopka) and the Danish Tower. The Jadwiga and Jogaila Chamber, in which the sword Szczerbiec, was used in coronation ceremonies, is exhibited today and is another remnant of this period. Other structures were developed on the hill during that time as well, in order to serve as quarters for the numerous clergy, royal clerks and craftsmen.